Photographer, documentarian, educator, administrator, educational technologist, digital media arts specialist and diversity professional.
Educational Technology • Curriculum Design • Educational Leadership • Organizational Leadership • Change Management • Technology Integration • Diversity • Professional Development • Teaching • Public Speaking & Presentations • Strategic Planning • Equipment and Resource Allocation • Social Media • Website Design • Enterprise Software Deployment • Team Leadership • Collaborative Curriculum Planning • Instructional Design • Multimedia • Microsoft Office • Filemaker Pro • Adobe Lightroom • Adobe Photoshop • Soccer Coach • Mac OSX Server • Parent Education • STEM Integration •Final Cut Pro • Webmaster • Mentor •
Digital Arts Teacher & Community Service Coordinator, Washington International School; Washington, DC. 2013-Present
• Taught Narrative Film, Documentary Film, Computer Programming and Systems to 9th and 10th Grade students.
• CAS (Community, Action, Service) Coordinator for the International Baccalaureate Program for 11th and 12th Grade students.
• Community Service coordinator responsible for matching students with opportunities and activities for students 9th through 12th Grade.
• Coordinated and advised the student Press Corps for the Global Issues Network (GIN) Conference which produced on site photography,video and journalism press coverage through ongoing website updates for the 2 day student led conference.
DigiGriot, Educational Technology Consultant, Keredding. 2011-present
- Educational Technology consultant for charter schools and public schools in the Washington Metro Area.
- Website creation and management for artists and small business working with Joomla, Drupal and WordPress.
- Freelance photographer- events, maternity, portraits, food.
Curator, Redding Family. 2011-present
- Estate management included working with The Library of Congress, The Smithsonian Institution and Southwest Renaissance, Washington, D.C. for acquisition, organization and preservation of original recordings and personal items of Betty Carter, jazz vocalist.
- Genealogical research with primary sources required on site research, collection and sorting of photographs and multimedia materials which included significant travel between Brooklyn, New York, Washington, D.C., Manson, North Carolina and Kansas City, Missouri.
Director of Academic Technology, Brooklyn Friends School; Brooklyn, NY. 2002-2011
- Updated the technology infrastructure from single platform to tri-platform network (Windows, Linux and Mac OSX) for stability, increased access and educational relevancy. Coordinated targeted outsourcing for network support to increase in house help desk response time.
- Managed annual $250K budget for technology infrastructure, equipment maintenance/repair, licensing, and professional development. Continually extended the life of existing technology infrastructure while reducing operational costs and maintaining effective upgrade cycle.
- Created, chaired, hired and supervised interdisciplinary department for information technology, media literacy and librarians.
- Led committee and departmental teams in organizational management to author and implement dual-component comprehensive information technology, media and information literacy curriculum for students in 3rd-12th grades with corresponding professional development for faculty and administration.
- Designed and led on-site annual professional development for faculty and administration to increase and keep current technology skills and meaningful STEM, media literacy and technology integration.
- Planned and facilitated the design and installation of a two-building network connecting an existing building to new construction to provide tiered VLAN for administration, faculty and student wireless access and Cisco VOIP enterprise communications integrated with individualized mobile access (smartphone/tablet) service for administrators.
- Managed software and hardware inventory, upgrades, maintenance and trainings. Coordinated and nurtured relationships directly with Apple, Inc., Lenovo, Dell Computer and Google Education.
- Managed enterprise software management included Mac OSX, iOS, Windows, Linux, OpenText FirstClass, PCR Educator, Haiku Learning, Eduvo Managebac (for International Baccalaureate programs), Drupal, Joomla, WordPress and GoogleApps for Education services. Hardware deployment and server management includes Apple desktops, laptops, iPads, iPods; Dell desktops and laptops; Lenovo laptops; Android powered mobile devices, Smart Technologies Interactive Whiteboards and Polyvision Eno Interactive Whiteboards.
- Served as clerk of the All School Technology committee; facilitated authoring of schools educational technology vision statement which led to development of a school intranet, faculty laptop cohort for peer knowledge sharing for curricular integration of information technology, full acquisition and use of available E-Rate funding, classroom websites, faculty/student multimedia blogging and structured technology and multimedia use in the Afterschool, Summer Camp and Horizons Programs.
- Served as clerk of All School Diversity Committee; planned and led annual faculty student trip (2004-2011) to the National Association of Independent Schools(NAIS) People of Color Conference (POCC) and Student Diversity Leadership Conference (SDLC). Convened and moderated community wide conversations about identity, diversity and respectful cross cultural communication.
Director of Technology, Brooklyn Heights Montessori School. Brooklyn, NY.1997-2002
- Organized and chaired the school’s first technology committee to develop 3-year technology plan for infrastructure, professional development and curricular integration. Implementation of the plan included managing $150k budget, building network architecture, building the school’s first website, purchasing and managing all hardware, software and licenses.
- Designed and taught the information technology and media literacy curriculum which emphasized socially responsible use of new media. Developed and led corresponding annual and ongoing professional development for faculty and curricular planning for technology integration into the core curriculum for grades 4th through 8th.
- Managed hardware and software acquisition, installation and repair including Mac OSX, Windows, Filemaker databases and Keri System access card server.
- Established several administrative roles and school programs as the school was expanding from K-4 to N-8. I served in different job titles including Technology Coordinator (1999-2000), Technology Consultant, Director of Afterschool and Assistant Director of Summer Camp (1998-1999) and Co-Teacher in 2’s Classroom (1997-1999).
- Managed annual $40K budget, resource allocation, transportation, enrollment, public relations, advertising hiring and developed arts based multidisciplinary curriculum as Director of Afterschool for Montessori Afternoons Plus and Assistant Director for A Montessori Summer.
- Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Project Zero Classroom, 2013.
- Washington School of Photography, Bethesda, Maryland- Professional Photography Certificate IN PROGRESS
- New School University, New York, New York. Coursework in Screenwriting, 2001
- Erikson Institute/Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois. Masters of Education (M.Ed.): Human Development, 2000
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut. Bachelor of Arts (BA): Theater, Stage Management and Directing. 1993